2011-03-15

Epson EH-TW3200 - how is the picture quality

One word is enough to describe how the picture of the Epson EH-TW3200 looks.
Gorgeous - if you set it up right so it is optimized for your viewing environment (see my post Epson EH-TW3200 - the right adjustment)

So far, except for 130 hours with the Sony VPL HS10 as an emergency measure after
my second ACER P1265 had to go to repair because off massive mirror failure (one ACER stuck the mirrors in on position the other one in off position) I had only data projectors, since the Home Cinema projectors were just too expensive and not bright enough for the way I watch.
Some pictures I have on the XBMC menu and The Garden of Earthly Delights were altered to brighten the shadows for better detail viewing.
Now with the Epson these pictures do not look so good anymore and I switched back to the unaltered originals.

like this one, where it looks so much better using the original and just having the Gamma CT2 adjsted

So with the Epson EH-TW3200 and my adjustments the details in the shadows are just a delight to discover - after that experience there is now way back to the data projectors.
even if the original ad from my first real computer is of low quality and resolution, it is a joy to see how clear it is to read in full HD

pictures like that just blow you away and when you watch Speed Racer on the Epson you get an eyegasm, or run out of the room screaming...

let´s get a bit closer to Alice
I am experimenting with the different sharpening options at the Epson right now, so these pictures are not at their best quality.

and now even closer
I did some extreme sharpening here so you can see what is going on in the pixels

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to talk to me, use the comments box at the end of the post. No need to register or log in.